• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice About Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sandy Lanier

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
North Carolina

I married a gentleman 8 weeks ago. Last pm he calmly informed me that he was simply not happy, and no longer wished to be married. What are my rights after such a short marriage? I am gainfully employed, and there was no pre-nup.
I moved into his home.
We would like to both handle this matter without alot of fighting, but I do not want to give up anything that I am entitled to.
Advice?

LdiJ

Sandy Lanier said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
North Carolina

I married a gentleman 8 weeks ago. Last pm he calmly informed me that he was simply not happy, and no longer wished to be married. What are my rights after such a short marriage? I am gainfully employed, and there was no pre-nup.
I moved into his home.
We would like to both handle this matter without alot of fighting, but I do not want to give up anything that I am entitled to.
Advice?
After such as short marriage, you would only be entitled to whatever you brought into the marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">