• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice fast!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeanie34

What is the name of your state? PA

My boyfriend and I bought a house in March. We are not married and both of our names are on EVERYTHING including 3 bank accounts, mortgage, deed, car insurance. He now says after 4 years he doesn't think he could be with us, us as in me and my son (who is 5 1/2). He say's he wants the house, but I was the one who found the house and asked him if he was interested in buying it with me anticipating getting married next year. What do we do now that both of us are owners? Who is entitled to the house etc...? Please help, I am devastated over this and my heart is broken. Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jeanie34 said:
What is the name of your state? PA

My boyfriend and I bought a house in March. We are not married and both of our names are on EVERYTHING including 3 bank accounts, mortgage, deed, car insurance. He now says after 4 years he doesn't think he could be with us, us as in me and my son (who is 5 1/2). He say's he wants the house, but I was the one who found the house and asked him if he was interested in buying it with me anticipating getting married next year. What do we do now that both of us are owners? Who is entitled to the house etc...? Please help, I am devastated over this and my heart is broken. Thank you.

My response:

Now you know why people get married BEFORE they do stupid crap like this. People get married so they can have the protections of the marital laws. Now, you get to hire an attorney to, perhaps, unravel all of this mess. Now, you get to spend lots and lots and lots of attorney's fees and costs.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">