• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on summons and complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigdogruss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan . I recently recieved a summons and complaint from the local courthouse. It was delivered to my daughter ( age 9) at our house (i was sleeping).This happened Friday. The summons and complaint has an issue date of 10/7 and states that I have 21 days to file a written answer. Which obviously will be tommorrow. What recourse do I have ? What kind of written answer can I file ? Can I write a response and take it to the court or are there other forms to be filled out for a response. Can anyone help me ? This is for a high interest credit card I had last year and quit paying on. The amount is not much but it is also double the credit limit i was issued. Yes , I know I owe the money but how do I limit the damage ?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">