• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on this: term life ins. cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gunner05

What is the name of your state? Utah
My husband and I sent a cancellation notice on a term life policy. They responded w/the originally term life papers because his ss#on life insurance form doesn't match his actual ss#. So according to me before proceeding further, I seriously think we probably would of never been covered in the event of death because of this error the term life seller made. Should they have done a simple search in the beginning, they too would of seen it didn't not match his name. We were completely unaware of this until we received the actual documents in the mail yesterday. So my question is: aren't we intitled to a full refund of all premiums paid? Or do you suggest going straight to an attorney? Thanks

gunner05

premium refund

Obviously because all the time we had the policy my husbands ss# was incorrect on the original document and should have a death occured because his real ss# and that of the one written by the insurance salesman being invalid, they really may of debated denying death insurance benefits based simply on that error should have death occured. I'm not necessarily requesting a refund but rather am looking for legitimate legal advice about this before I proceed.

somarco

I see nothing obvious in your reasoning for demanding a refund.

Does this mean, if your husband had died while the plan was in force you would have simply rolled over and allowed the carrier to deny the claim for thousands of dollars because of a clerical error?

I seriously doubt you will find an attorney willing to pursue based on your claim that you MIGHT have been damaged and your presumption that a carrier MIGHT have denied the claim.

anteater

somarco said:
...... you MIGHT have been damaged and your presumption that a carrier MIGHT have denied the claim.
gunner05 -- This is the point. You have not suffered any damages.

gunner05

Thanks

I just needed advice and I got it here. I'm not out to demand anything nor pursue a case. Simply stated: I just needed advice! I got it now, thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">