• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice, please...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BurtReynolds

What is the name of your state? California

I am recently divorced, (finalized in Jan. 05). The ex and I decided to go for an amicable divorce. Actually she ended up with everything, plus the kids, and I'm paying for all of it. She threatened to move with the kids if I didn't give her a certain amount of money which basically comes out to about 90% of my total income every month. We put this all in writing, and I gave her 100% physical custody, and only got 50% legal. I know now that I made a mistake, but was in such fear of her taking the kids, I folded, BIG TIME. I can't even afford to live on my own to tell you the truth. I'm working 6 days a week, basically to pay for them to stay where they're at, while I'm being supported by someone else. I do get to see my kids every saturday, and cherish every moment of it, and I call every night to see how their days went, and so on. Well I probably would of continued to live with this if it wasn't for something my kids told me last saturday. I guess my ex has a new Boyfriend, who has been living with them for months now, and is physically harming them. The ex calls it discipline, I call it abuse! Things like spanking them sometimes with a belt when they don't finish their meals, or when they don't get right to bed when he says so,these things in my opinion are just things that children under the age of 10 sometimes do. I cannot stand for this, as I don't even spank them! I have had words with the man, but I fear things may get out of hand, if I don't try to do something legal here. Can I do anything legal here? This is a grown man hitting minors. Isn't their a crime here? Can I try to take my children away from this abuse? Please help...

Last edited:

snostar

That man has no right to exercise any sort of physical discipline on your children, contact Child Protective Services in your area, ASAP!

LdiJ

snostar said:
That man has no right to exercise any sort of physical discipline on your children, contact Child Protective Services in your area, ASAP!
I agree...even if CPS doesn't decide its "founded" it might be enough to make this guy back off on discplining your kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">