• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Indiana

my ex has not been around to see our child since December 2006 and is now taking me to court April 17 trying to get me for contempt saying I wont let him see our child. I have never prevented him from seeing her and have actually begged him in the past to come and see her. Our order states that visitation is to be worked out between the parents but he has never tried to. My lawyer says not to worry about it but I do because it will ultimately be up to the judge who he believes and I worry about going to jail. Does anyone think they will actually put me in jail if I am found in contempt since I have a 6yo that would have to go into foster care since there is noone to take care of her if I was in jail?

Also, I have a blog on yahoo and my ex's daughter and sister posted some bad comments on there about me and I found my ex's blog on yahoo and he wrote quite a bit of crap about me on there. Said that I am causing problems and he hasnt seen his child because of me (I havent even talked to him) that I am turning our child against him and that our child is scared of me (shes not and has no reason to be) and even put stuff on there about me having a child by another man and he doesnt pay support and that the father of my other child had to call police on me for harrassment (not true) and that I am lazy and that he knows for a fact that I am depressed because I am fat (he is not a psychiatrist) and that I have alot of mental problems and that I need therapy. It just goes on from there and then his daughter posted a comment on there and said all kinds of things against me and calling me a bitch and that she knows her dad has done nothing wrong but yet to my face this girl has said something totally different (I am talking about his oldest, not mine). Can I print these things and do something about these things especially since its not true? Seems like slander to me but just wondered if something could be done that they cannot keep putting things like this about me on something everyone can see?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">