• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice............

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pochahontas

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Florida-
Need some advice concerning my son-in-law who is being held in Lee County, Fort Myers, FL. He was arrested Sept. 1st, '05 on his way to work for reckless driving and speeding (he was on his Harley). Guess he had too many points on his license! While there, they discovered he was wanted in New Hampshire on a warrant from when he was 18 years old (he is 31 now)!! So, now, they won't let him out on bail (which was posted), they "say" New Hampshire wants him and that they will be down to get him! Can they do this after so much time has passed?? I mean, you are talking 14 years here!! That does not seem right to me! What should we do?? Or, what can we do to get him out? They said if New Hampshire does not come to get him after 30 days, they have to release him. Can you shed any light on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Pochahontas

racer72

There is no statute of limitations as it applies to warrants. If my math is correct, he should have taken care of the problem 13 years ago. I would suggest hiring him an attorney, preferrably one that has contacts in New Hampshire. And even if NH does not come and get him, the warrant will not go away. He will be looking at 30 days in jail everytime the police pull him over. You can run from the law but you can't hide.

pochahontas

Re: My post.......

Racer72-------Granted, he should have taken care of all this 13 years ago, but, guess he thought it was dismissed! And, I'm not trying to make excuses for him, he made his bed, now he can lay in it as far as I'm concerned! I just wanted to know if they could still go after him after all these years! I know you can't hide from the law--we didn't know about this thing up in New Hampshire or we would have told him to take care of it! Thank you for your reply tho!

pochahontas--Fl.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">