• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigboy96

What is the name of your state? ca. OK this week i was told by everyone i work with that i was going to be transfered.I'm a commercial manager at a auto parts store.the store manager had said to before he lefted nice working with you.well my question is my district manager had not told me of this tranfer to this other store.What should i do i fill like I'm being pushed out anyways.should i play dum and say well you never told me.or should i just show up at this other store and start working.

eerelations

So what you're saying is that you heard a rumour that you're being transferred and now you're not sure if you are or not. And somehow this gives you cause for a harassment or discrimination claim?

Who's your direct boss? The store manager or the district manager? If the store manager, then yes, it looks like you've been officially "told" and if you want to keep your job, you'd better show up at that other store on your next scheduled work day.

If the district manager is your direct boss, then why didn't you ask him about whether you're being transferred as soon as you heard the rumours? Are you planning to ask him?

As far as a harassment or discrimination claim is concerned, you don't have one. It is perfectly legal to transfer you to another store to work, even if the powers-that-be forget to tell you about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">