• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advise Urgent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eddie_242

What is the name of your state? NY

I had given a loan to my girl friend lets call her Abby for 8000 which she had given it to her friend lets call her sharon. Me and Abby broke up and she left the US as she got a job offer in Asia. Sharon who is suppose to pay me 8000 has paid only 5000 and she says she never received the 3000. I had given Abby 3000 cash and 5000 check. I have all the emails from Abby saying she owes me the loan but again I can't do anything because she is not in the country. The other problem I have is that I have never met sharon as she mails me a money order every month with no return address. I don't know where she lives or what she looks like or where she works. Is there any way I can bring a case against Abby or Sharon for the balance 3000 which I had given cash and have no proof except for emails stating that Abby and Sharon owe me $8000.

Also I was told that by Sharon that if I ask for money again she will call the cops on me for harrasment. I communicate with Sharon by email.

Any advise

Thanks

Ed

BelizeBreeze

eddie_242 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I had given a loan to my girl friend lets call her Abby for 8000 which she had given it to her friend lets call her sharon. Me and Abby broke up and she left the US as she got a job offer in Asia. Sharon who is suppose to pay me 8000 has paid only 5000 and she says she never received the 3000. I had given Abby 3000 cash and 5000 check. I have all the emails from Abby saying she owes me the loan but again I can't do anything because she is not in the country. The other problem I have is that I have never met sharon as she mails me a money order every month with no return address. I don't know where she lives or what she looks like or where she works. Is there any way I can bring a case against Abby or Sharon for the balance 3000 which I had given cash and have no proof except for emails stating that Abby and Sharon owe me $8000.

Also I was told that by Sharon that if I ask for money again she will call the cops on me for harrasment. I communicate with Sharon by email.

Any advise

Thanks

Ed
and what was your LEGAL QUESTION?

BelizeBreeze

eddie_242 said:
My legal question was is there any way I can get my money.
Yep, show the contract you signed with Abby to an attorney and sue the deadbeat.

And that sound you hear in the background is Sharon laughing her ass off because you can't touch her. Unless you have a contract with her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">