• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advise which involves youth sports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jesse32

The possibility exists that the rule was changed not specifically to exclude you and no one else, but because it had not occurred to them that a rule requiring that teams have played in the league might be needed. Your application showed that it was, so they amended the rules. Now, if you should find that another team who has never played in the league was allowed to play in the tournament, then you might have some evidence that it's personal.

At which point then the WHY is of utmost importance.
We have coaches that have played in these tournaments but never in their league signing up as we speak. Once I find out the outcome I can go from there. Im not demanding to play, nor do these tournaments require special invitations. It was a good way to get these boys ready for regionals. But again we will see what happens thanks everyone for your input

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Just remember, EVEN IF THEY DO allow some of these other teams to compete, it's still not necessarily illegal.

quincy

Right. Some private organizations are legally allowed to discriminate assuming certain factors are met (such as not receiving federal funding).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">