• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kettle

What is the name of your state? CA. I sent letter CMRRR requesting validation to Stewart & Assoc, CA/Attorney for Credigy, and disputed with all 3 bureaus. No response from Stewart and collection was verified as STILL owing by Credigy to two out of 3 bureaus. I now sent letter CMRRR to Credigy requesting validation. What do I do next??? Can I dispute it again with the bureaus? Please advise. Thanks

Debt Guy

You can dispute until the end of time.

Credigy is not required to reply to your dispute.

If you sent your dispute timely (within 30 days of the initial communication) then they are required to cease collection activity until they have validated. If you sent your dispute after the 30 day window, they don't have to stop collection (unless you live in a selected few states with state Debt Collection Practices Law -- Texas has one and I am not sure about California).

When you dispute to the credit bureaus, all they do is send your inquiry to Credigy and if Credigy confirms the information is accurate, then that is the end of the process.

So, you are dependent on what Credigy does. If they violate state or federal law, you only recourse is to bring a lawsuit against them. If you bring the action, then the burden or proof falls on you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">