• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need an answer about premiums

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mamasin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama
My mother has a life insurance policy that she took out in 1983 for $1500. The front of the policy calls it a "limited Payment Life Policy" She has been paying the premiums every year and is now 87 years old. There is a chart on the back of the policy titled "Cash value for each age at issue per $1000.00 of face value". The headers for each column run from 3 years to 20 years, and listed down the left side are "age last birthday at date of issue" and they run from 0 to 80. Since she has had the policy for more than 20 years and is older than 80, as I read the chart following it down to lower right hand corner, it is 100% payable. It says the cash value at that time is $1000.00 and in the title it states "per $1000 of face value, so that means 100% right? I have been trying for weeks now to get an answer from the insurance company, Liberty National, but they will not give me any answer. I did get them to send out a young agent, she however could not answer my question and left as soon as I told her I did not want to buy a policy myself. She said she would have a senior agent call me but that was two weeks ago, and they won't return my calls. Should my mother still be paying the premiums or can she cash in the policy for its full value? Do they owe her for the premiums she has sent in since 2003? ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

If the company holding the policy won't give you information, you can discuss this with any other insurance salesman or insurance company or business law attorney to get a correct interpretation in order to make a decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">