• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help/advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peoplesuck

I'll just paint the whole picture so you guys know everything then any advice would be appreciated.

In February of 2019 on my way home from work in Connecticut, I was traveling in I95 and traffic came to a stop. A few seconds later I was hit by another car. The car that hit me also hit 2 other cars before hitting me. The first car he hit got completely turned around and put into the Jersey barrier. The second car he hit ( the car behind me ) was able to swerve out of the and avoided hitting me. Then I was struck by the same guy and he came to a stop. I didnt hit anybody, my car moved maybe a foot forward but never hit anybody. Today over a year later I was just served with a summons for this accident saying that I hit someone and they are suing me for a minimum of 15k. What do I do next?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'll just paint the whole picture so you guys know everything then any advice would be appreciated.

In February of 2019 on my way home from work in Connecticut, I was traveling in I95 and traffic came to a stop. A few seconds later I was hit by another car. The car that hit me also hit 2 other cars before hitting me. The first car he hit got completely turned around and put into the Jersey barrier. The second car he hit ( the car behind me ) was able to swerve out of the and avoided hitting me. Then I was struck by the same guy and he came to a stop. I didnt hit anybody, my car moved maybe a foot forward but never hit anybody. Today over a year later I was just served with a summons for this accident saying that I hit someone and they are suing me for a minimum of 15k. What do I do next?
Report this to the insurance company you had at the time of the accident.

PayrollHRGuy

Let me repeat Zigner.

Call the insurance company you had at the time.

Also, did you make a claim at the time of the accident? Did the police come to the scene and file a police report?

Peoplesuck

Let me repeat Zigner.

Call the insurance company you had at the time.

Also, did you make a claim at the time of the accident? Did the police come to the scene and file a police report?
Yes I made a claim I even sued and settled with the person at fault. The cops showed up at the scene and I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance.

LdiJ

Turn it over to your insurance company. They will provide you an attorney to fight the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">