• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help as a buisness in car stereo installation about external noise complaints.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xtrmsnds2

With the exception of that steering wheel. It looks like it could take off a finger.
we custom built that the sterring wheel is a exact replica of the rims that are on the car your right it is a bit hostel lol . you cant see it well but i built fiberglas kick panels and i hid the after market radio in the glove box in a hide away drawer thank you for the compliment customer was very happy

xtrmsnds2

That IS weird. I could see it clearly last night but not today.

What probably would have been better than a photo would have been a sound recording. Not that that would prove anything either, though. :)
unfortunately my cameras have no audio I was a bit upset when i found out my next set will be fully equiped , but you are right audio wouldnt have helped too much considering the complaints are from low frequency sounds such as 31 hz to 65 hz

quincy

unfortunately my cameras have no audio I was a bit upset when i found out my next set will be fully equiped , but you are right audio wouldnt have helped too much considering the complaints are from low frequency sounds such as 31 hz to 65 hz
Actually, audio recordings can be problematic from a privacy law standpoint. It is just as well if you stick to video.

An overview of Illinois recording laws published by the Digital Media Law Project (2014):
http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/illinois-recording-law

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
we custom built that the sterring wheel is a exact replica of the rims that are on the car your right it is a bit hostel lol . you cant see it well but i built fiberglas kick panels and i hid the after market radio in the glove box in a hide away drawer thank you for the compliment customer was very happy
I had always pictured putting the stereo in the glove box on my cutlass(es)...but as a kid I just didn't have the resources.
You should have seen how ugly the cutouts for the speakers in the rear deck were...

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I know this is completely off topic but if anyone ever gets a finger chopped off you may well have some liability.
My impression from his previous post was that the plexiglass kick panels are to prevent that.

Back on topic... But OP's problem may just be a neighborhood bully.

My neighborhood's bully even complains about the sound of (truly adorable) preschoolers playing in their own fenced in backyard.

quincy

My impression from his previous post was that the plexiglass kick panels are to prevent that.

Back on topic... But OP's problem may just be a neighborhood bully.

My neighborhood's bully even complains about the sound of (truly adorable) preschoolers playing in their own fenced in backyard.
If the complaints to the police continue, the police might actually be the ones to tell the neighbor to knock it off.

I could see someone perhaps complaining about bass levels, because there is evidence that there can be adverse physical reactions to the sound vibrations, and I can understand someone not wanting to hear the lyrics of rap songs on a daily basis, but I agree that it appears like the neighbor is just an ornery sort. If he didn't have xtrmsnds2's shop to complain about, he'd probably be complaining about something or someone else.

xtrmsnds2

I ordered a sound level meter i can walk around with . my plan is to walk across the street where he recorded the video and see if my loudest sound system can trigger it if it doesnt then just hearing the noise isnt illegal . but if it can reach 32 herts or higher than the question would be can he hear it at 450 feet . im also walking over to the elementary school which is exactly the distance he is to me and will check to see if the principle or dean has any discomfort from my shop

quincy

I ordered a sound level meter i can walk around with . my plan is to walk across the street where he recorded the video and see if my loudest sound system can trigger it if it doesnt then just hearing the noise isnt illegal . but if it can reach 32 herts or higher than the question would be can he hear it at 450 feet . im also walking over to the elementary school which is exactly the distance he is to me and will check to see if the principle or dean has any discomfort from my shop
I think you have some great ideas, xtrmsnds.

I hope the neighbor leaves you alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">