• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help ASAP; Change of venue from state to state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Kansas

Divorce was in Owen County Indiana
My daughter, divorced and has custody of my 3 year old grandson. She had suffered a lot of physical and mental abuse from her Ex and his parents. She has been living with me since November of last year. We notified her ex last summer that she and my grandson was moving to Wichita so that she and my grandson could receive help and support. (She was treated for cancer last year and in November had a complete hysterectomy. The Ex and this parents watch my grandson only while she was in the hospital, therefore we had to make an emergency trip to get her so that she could recover.) She started College at Newman in Jan and is scheduled to begin fall classes.

The ex had filed suit in Feb. Saying we did not give notice, and the Judge believed him.
The Judge ordered my daughter to return to Indiana for his visitations every 6 weeks, for a weekend. This is a 12hour drive one-way. Her last trip was the last week of June. The Ex and his parents spent approximately 3 hours with my grandson.
Ex was ordered to pay for half of the expenses and to pay up back support. But he has done nothing.

We just received a notice to appear on Sept 24 for visitation violations. (Judge told her in Feb if she every violated she would loss custody) Is there nothing we can do to stop this abuse?
Can we get a Judge to file a Change of Venue?
We had in the past requested a drug test, he have one test on file where he has failed. And a second request was not inforced due because he decline his right for visiation at that time.




When you notified the ex....did you do it by sending a certified letter or something that you have a paper trail or back up of letting him know about the move? If not, this could get really dirty, since she should have notified him in writing to cover her a**!!...However, I am assuming that since she has been ther since last November that she would be a resident of that state since it has been longer than six months!.....Have you consulted with an attorney??...If not I would strongly suggest doing so, since the judge stated that she would loose custody if she did not move back to Indiana, she is actually in contempt!!...I wish I could help more......Good Luck and let us know what happens!


We filed a notice to the courts in Aug and had a date of Sept. But the Ex son-inlaw called the courts and said that his transmition went out and could not make it. My daughter was put in Hospital after that. On the stand in Feb in denied knowing anything about what the hearing was for and the Judge belived him. Our Attny's scretary even took the stand saying that she had contacted his workplace. The Judge did not believe her. My Ex son-inlaw hand wrote on his work stationary that "no one from Atty's tried to contact him at work. The Judge believe this bogus piece of paper as fact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential