• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help copyright law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NS_Skateboards

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Ok well i want to start a skateboard team and make DVD's and stuff liek that. Well i found a potental logo on the internet but i dont know if it is copyrighted because it doesnt have the symbol by the picture. It would be great if you could help me. Thanks!

divgradcurl

NS_Skateboards said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

Ok well i want to start a skateboard team and make DVD's and stuff liek that. Well i found a potental logo on the internet but i dont know if it is copyrighted because it doesnt have the symbol by the picture. It would be great if you could help me. Thanks!
There is no requirement in the U.S. for a copyrighted work to have a copyright symbol, so you can't use the lack of a symbol as evidence that the work is not copyrighted. Most likely the picture is copyrighted, and to use it you would need to get permission from the copyright owner. How you find that person is a question you'll have to figure out the answer to!

Your best bet is to design your own logo, that way you won't run into any copyright problems down the road.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">