• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Fast!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i currently live in nebraska. my exhusband and i were divorced in polk county iowa. we have joint legal custody of our 3 children ages 6 and 8, but i am the custodial parent (they live with me). during their visits with their father, they have been injured. he is not intentionally injuring the children, but i feel that he makes some bad decisions when it comes to their physical well being. i have spoken to child protective services in iowa twice now. the first time, they said that he was not a threat to their well being and he should continue to see the children. this time, they are telling me to get a lawyer and change the visitation that he gets to supervised visits. i spoke to a lawyer who said basically that i have a flimsy case because i don't have a lot of proof or any witnesses. how can i be sure that child protective services won't come back on me and say that i didn't protect my kids? i feel awful with the though that i could be taking my kids away from their father but at the same time i know that what he does/doesn't do isn't right. where do i start?



Ask your lawyer to write you a letter stating basically that it would be useless to go to court with the little bit that you have and that there is nothing you can do at this time to legally keep the children from him. At least you will have proof that you tried.

Also, try suggesting to him parenting and safety courses!


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential