• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Fast!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.




I am already going through a lawyer for custody of my daughter. I have a court date, but cannot find my ex to have her served with the papers. My lawyer or the PI cannot find anything but a last known employer. Already tried with them, they dont know her. What do you do if you cannot locate the other parent. I thought I have read on here before of people gaining custody because they couldnt find her to serve the papers. Is this true and how does it work, or will the case just be postponed until we find her. Cant get a hold of my lawyer, and the secretary isnt sure. Please help soon! I dont know if there is a time limit on this. By the way, my child lives with a non-related couple, not her mother.



In the state of missouri if you can not find the person that you need to find to start proceedings then you can put in a newspaper. She will be considered serve when the paper goes out. i don't know if this is true for the state that you r in. I hope this helps

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential