• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help filing a contempt order!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starchaser101

What is the name of your state?I could use some help with my case in Indiana. My child’s father has custody and was granted the ok to move to the Middle East for 1 year and ordered to return to the US in Aug. of 2005. He now wants to stay another year and has filed for an extinction. Yet the court date for this is not until mid Sept. To date he has not returned to the US with my child and does not plan to. Can I file a contempt order for him not returning by the court order date and can I file a contempt order for him denying me visitation after Aug. since my son is still in the Middle East? Is it wise to file the 2 contempt orders at one time or should I only do one? Any help is appreciated since I have to go this alone with no attorney. Thank you.

Zephyr

oh gotcha :eek:

OP I don't think you will get far with a contempt, the court is aware of where he is and they are aware of when the current order ends, yet they set the date for sept. without ordering him to return at the end of the current order until the matter was decided.

starchaser101

When the extinction was filed he tried to do it without a court date. I had to file an appeal with an emergency hearing. Due to how over worked the juvenile courts are the date was set for Sept. I do not think they know he is not back. Due to the statements before should I even file a contempt or am I just wasting my time? So far the courts have done nothing for me why should that change now.

B

betterthanher

starchaser101 said:
When the extinction was filed he tried to do it without a court date. I had to file an appeal with an emergency hearing. Due to how over worked the juvenile courts are the date was set for Sept. I do not think they know he is not back. Due to the statements before should I even file a contempt or am I just wasting my time? So far the courts have done nothing for me why should that change now.
You mean 'extension' not 'extinction'. They're not even in the same solar system.

You are really going to need to consult with a lawyer -- especially one who specializes in what you're going through.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">