• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help finding citations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TimC

But alas, HomeGuru, you are not telling him what he wants to hear.

The poster is a self-proclaimed expert at the cases mentioned. How anyone else on the planet can dare call themselves a lawyer without having some sort of intimate knowlege of the details of those cases is beyond comprehension.

He did, however, invite you to do some substantial research into the finer details of said cases. Apparently you failed that assignment. Whats the matter? Dog ate your homework?

He seems miffed at the fact that nobody has taken him up on his challenge of waxing eloquent regarding some 20 year old cases.

I am often amazed that the virtual doors of this establishment are not boarded up completely for lack of effort and assistance.

Yet another example of our imperfection. <sniff>

HomeGuru

TimC, good points.

Chance could drool over online access to Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, Keycite etc. which I have access to and he does not. Maybe he could whip up some abracadabra and get my passcodes and user ID numbers to log on for 1000 hours of free research.

Bite the hand that feeds you and get nothing to eat.
HomeGuru 3:16

M

magicchance

You guys are trained, highly paid observers? Officers of the Court, and all that??

My original (and still) title to this thread was "need help finding citations" - not "need help with a really, really urgent and life threatening dibilitating situation". Three of you responded, kind of. It took me a while to locate the papers with the information I promised, and while I assumed you were waiting to help me you also took some stabs at entertaining yourself at my expense; no big deal, I get paid lots of money to do it myself every now and then.

But it turns out that none of your interest was genuine, but certainly that your insults WERE.

This is a PUBLIC (get it?) HELP board (got it?). My post was, and still is, a genuine request for help and information that is squarely out of my reach, but supposedly easily within yours. If only you could get your head out of your ass long enough to find it. I did not use a false or misleading thread header to get you in here. Everything I have done is honest, open and above board. If only ALL of you could say the same.

I asked for help finding CITATIONS. In kind with the ones I posted here myself. Not some vague reference to some other guy in Hawaii, or anywhere else for that matter. This is the kind of crap that passes muster in law school these days?

T

TimC

The name of the board is "Free Advice".

https://law.freeadvice.com/images/freead_ani.gif

It is not called "Good Advice".
It is not called "What you want to hear Advice"
It is not called "Accurate Advice"
It is not called "Polite Advice"
It is not called "Speedy Advice"

You asked for help in locating those citations, and you were told to look at the local library for them. You were also given reference to another case that might pertain to your situation. Now it is up to YOU to follow up on those leads. Most of the people that are looking for Free Advice would be quite content with that Free assistance. But not you.

You seem to EXPECT one of the highly trained members of this board to spend valuable time on your case, and seem insulted or rejected when it does not occur.

Most of the answers on this board come from personal experience with similar cases. The answers then come from the memory bank, not as the result of hours of personal research into every given scenario. Since nobody had your situation in their personal portfolio, you were told to go to the library. Then when you looked a gift horse in the mouth, you got bit.

[Edited by TimC on 12-21-2000 at 10:12 AM]

HomeGuru

Dear missedyourchance,

Apparently you do not understand how the legal system in the United States works. In a civil complaint, citations are used as the plaintiff's attorney deems applicable to the instant case. Case law from other States are commonly used. So your comment about Hawaii is tantamount to just plain ignorance. When you do find the pleadings that you are so desparately looking for, said pleadings contain citations (case law) from different States.
In fact I am looking at some right now that are not the ones you cited.
But due to your magically sick attitude, you can look them up for yourself or pay an attorney big bucks to assist you.

M

magicchance

Try to color it any way you can, boys, but the plain ole truth is that unless someone falls to their knees and gently tugs your zipper with their teeth within the confines of this forum you would just as soon dance on their grave.

Your attitude sucks, plain as that. All of them. None of your "arguments" has enough glue to hold two oxygen molecules together for a nanosecond.

Merry Christmas, and best of luck in your respective practices. May God have mercy on anyone stupid or mislead enough to call on your trusted assistance.

T

TimC

Darwin, where are you when we need you? Apparently the theory of natural selection has not caught up with this particular candidate.

I have to ask, although I am quite sure I know the answer. Did you really expect someone to peruse the same libraries that are readilly accessible to you for this information?

We all have busy lives, especially at this time of year. Nobody on this board is going to do your homework for you, any more than your next door neighbor is going to do it for you. Most people would be very grateful to be pointed in the right direction, as opposed to copping an attitude. You chose to do the latter.

Your magic may work on many of the people on the street, but it ain't working here. I can see you are frustrated by that.

Now, as a final token of assistance, I will reiterate what was said earlier. All of the information that you are looking for is available through the local public libraries, free of charge. All it will take is some of your time. It is selfish of you to expect that the people of this board will do that work for you. If you were a client of any one of us (God forbid) then we would do the research for you at a fair cost. I am quite sure that is not what you want, or else you would not be here. The next best thing we can do is to point you in the right direction, where you can get your answers for free.

Now, there is no doubt that you will show your true colors in yet another "nobody likes me" post. You came here for free advice, so here is a little bit more: "Lose the attitude".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">