• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help for parents & in-law's visitor visa, I am on OPT and my wife is pregnant.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nottingham

Need help for parents & in-law's visitor visa, I am on OPT and my wife is pregnant.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MI

Hello,

I have a question about visitor visa for my parents and for my in-law family.

I am on OPT and it’s expiring on Feb. 2005. I don’t have any job and I haven’t applied for the H1 visa yet. I have my wife with me and she is on F2 visa. My wife is pregnant and we expecting a baby soon.

So, I want to invite my parents or my in-laws.
I sent following documents:
-My visa and passport copy (all pages)
-My wife’s visa and passport copy
-Copy of my OPT card (EDA)
-Copy of I-20’s.
-Letter of invitation saying that general purpose for the visit.
-My Bank statement (around 5k).
-Doctors certificate for the pregnancy.

I didn’t do I-134 (affidavit of support) because I am not working right now. My parents and my in-laws both are financially strong so they are supporting by themselves.

My in-laws had applied for the visa and got rejected from MUMBAI office. My parents are going to apply with in few days. My questions are

(1) What is the best answer for the “ What is the purpose for the trip?”
(2) If they ask to my parents that what is your son doing in the US then what should be answer? As I am looking for the job can they say the same?
(3) I heard that if we mention about pregnancy then they will reject the visa, is it true?
(4) Are there any other documents required?
(5) What would be the best story to describe my situation?

I will appreciate your reply,

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">