• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help getting $ back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Missouri

I paid a retainer fee to a Mississippi to represent me in a custody dispute. The atty my ex was using went out of business and he never got another one and took no action for a year. The court has dismissed the case. I asked my atty if I would get any $ back, since I paid $2500 and nothing was done. The reply was cash is usually not given, but my acct will be credited in case I need legal assisstance in future. Since I live in Missouri and will not need future legal services in Mississippi, shhouldn't I be given part of the$ back?

Any links to help me find more info on this is appreciated

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Do a GOOGLE search to see if there is a website for the Mississippi State Bar or Bar Association where you could file a complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential