• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Getting Custody of my Son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Theresa Harris

What is the name of your state? North Carolina I am trying to get custody of my oldest son. Right now my son is living with my aunt and she has permanent guardianship over him. Back in 1998 the courts in North Carolina awarded her this and I have the document to support this ruling. Also in the documents there states a clause that this case can be brought back up for review by filing a motion to review. I use to be able to see my son for time to time. Right now I have custody of his brothers and whenever my oldest comes to spend time with us, he is so relaxed and at ease. I asked him does he want to come and live with us and he's afraid to respond to the question for fear of what his great aunt will say. The father has tried to get in contact with us and finally did. But my aunt will not let my oldest son talk to him much less see him and my oldest son wants a relationship wiht his father. My oldest son is 14 years old and was diagnosed with autism at the age of three. It's there now but not severe. Over the years I have always been in his life in one way or another. I made a mistake 10 years ago and now all i'm trying to do is get my boys back together again. my aunt been blowing smoke up my tail for 3 years telling me to get myself together so i can get my children back. now that i have done this and busted my behind to get a new house and maintain a job for 4 years and got custody of the other boys she flips the script and decide i'm not good enough for my son or at least that's the way i feel right now. i don't know what to do from this point on. i want to get legal counsel and fight for my rights but i don't want to tkae her to court. i already know that the decision i must make and i already made that decision to take her to court but how when funds are limited.

BL

i want to get legal counsel and fight for my rights but i don't want to tkae her to court. i already know that the decision i must make and i already made that decision to take her to court but how when funds are limited. [ quote ]

Which is it ?? try filing w/o an attorney and see where it goes.

You never know !!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">