• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help! I don't know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GoingCrazy0001

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Ok here is my problem, My dad and sister were evicted from their apartment and my husband agreed to let them stay with us until they got them another place. Well its been over a year and they are still here. My dad has even told my sister's boyfriend that he doesn't plan on moving out. Does anyone know what I can do to get them to leave. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:confused:

FarmerJ

One way is to treat them as if they were a month to month renter . so go search for your state govt web page LL & tenant links learn how much notice you must give them , create notice , make copy , if they are both over 18 and separate notice to each If sis is under 18 she will have to leave with dad anyway . way so it catches him off gaurd like fed ex . send the notice out using a certificate of mailing maybe 2 days later if need be so it doesnt have to be signed for . keep your proofs of the notice and the way it was sent some where else since they live with you . Should dear ole dad ignore the notice go see the clerk of the court in your county and tell them you want to file for eviction hearing since you have someone ignoring proper notice to move out . If you dont understand your states laws after reading them or feel overwhelmed by the proccess use the links up top and find a local atty who you can pay to help you with the eviction .

HomeGuru

GoingCrazy0001 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Ok here is my problem, My dad and sister were evicted from their apartment and my husband agreed to let them stay with us until they got them another place. Well its been over a year and they are still here. My dad has even told my sister's boyfriend that he doesn't plan on moving out. Does anyone know what I can do to get them to leave. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:confused:
**A: yes, serve them notice of lease termination or better yet, raise their rent to $2000/month plus utlilities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">