• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help in Pennslyvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dad will

It is in court ordered visitation already that he is not to be at the visitations. Also included my ex has a whole file of past arrests and felony’s and currently according to what her friends have told me they both are on heroin

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
It is in court ordered visitation already that he is not to be at the visitations. Also included my ex has a whole file of past arrests and felony’s and currently according to what her friends have told me they both are on heroin
Then I would quietly leave, with the kid, if he shows up... And call the police if he tries to engage.

The worst she can do is try to convince a judge to find you in contempt. You not only have the court order on your side, because of the assault you have pretty compelling proof that they violated it, and that there is no reason to remove that restriction from the court order.

LdiJ

I'd agree, but apparently he wants door number 4: white knight lawyer who will give him the answer he wants to hear, and charge nothing.

(Door # 1 = the devil you know (current lawyer). Door #2 = the devil you don't (any other lawyer). Door # 3 = yourself.)

Okay, so you want some insight.

You are not going to completely strip Mom of her parental rights... yet. Even if she agrees to allow a stepparent adoption, that is not a DIY legal endeavor. So that is not an option.

Your daughter witnessed the assault. This is a form of abuse. In addition to getting a restraining order for yourself against the stepdad, consider contacting CPS, and definitely get your daughter into therapy with a reputable professional who works with children. And yes, that can help you legally.

Assuming you get the restraining order, you can petition to modify the visitation agreement and ask that stepdad, based on this documented incident, not be allowed at the supervised visits.
This is really good advice, but I will also add that your wife and children should not be present either. It kind of sounds like she called her husband to come because your wife and children were there.

HRZ

Somebody who goes about threatening to kill several people belongs in jail or mental health facility ...don't take threats lightly.

Read your order...if as a condition of visitation , Mom is required to test clean first, then absent written confirmation of such a recent clean test you might be on safe grounds to withhold visitation until the smoke clears ...but details matter!

FIle with CPS as well..they " might" step in to protect child threatened by Moms new husband

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Who would I contact in the courts to make sure anything is enforced even when i had an attorney he didn’t even notify me when she was failing drug tests.
Were the failures of drug tests AFTER the final hearing where you were awarded custody? If so, he was no longer your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">