• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help, looking for non-paying NCP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brownie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am trying to locate my ex (again !) to collect unpaid child support that he owes my daughters; how do you send a letter to someone just to get their forwarding address (if they have one)??????????

I know his old address, but I think he moved (but i am not 100% sure of that).

I know that there is a way to do this, but I forgot :confused:

BL

brownie said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am trying to locate my ex (again !) to collect unpaid child support that he owes my daughters; how do you send a letter to someone just to get their forwarding address (if they have one)??????????

I know his old address, but I think he moved (but i am not 100% sure of that).

I know that there is a way to do this, but I forgot :confused:
The U.S. Postal Service stopped the FOI act on giving out forwarding addresses.

If you go through CSEU , they track obligors by the FPLS ( look it up ), or find the FPLS Form and request the Appropriate Authority to sign and initiate it .

eyemback

laura_bayley04 said:
send a certified letter he has to sign it and it will be forwarded to his new adress
Not necessarily. If the person you are sending it to is not at that address, it very likely could come back as "not at this address", etc.
It sounds like the OP is trying to find out the new address and that will not work.

brownie

Thanks for the replies.................. :)

I called the Post Office this am and they said to just send a postcard and write "return service requested" below my return address.

It will never go to him, BUT if he has a forwarding address and is trying to hide...............I will get it ! :p

I know that he knows that there is a warrant for his arrest for non-payment of child support ;)

eyemback

brownie said:

I called the Post Office this am and they said to just send a postcard and write "return service requested" below my return address.

It will never go to him, BUT if he has a forwarding address and is trying to hide...............I will get it ! :p

I know that he knows that there is a warrant for his arrest for non-payment of child support ;)
Well if he realizes there's a warrant out for his arrest, then I wouldn't count on him having a forwarded address on file. So if he is hiding, you won't find out where. But it doesn't hurt to try.

Last edited:

brownie

THANX FOR ALL THE REPLIES................

I am pretty sure that he know that there is a warrant for his arrest (that's why he fled form Illinois to Virginia). However, he has done very many stupid things in the past, i am hoping that he is dumb AGAIN! :p

brownie said:
THANX FOR ALL THE REPLIES................

I am pretty sure that he know that there is a warrant for his arrest (that's why he fled form Illinois to Virginia). However, he has done very many stupid things in the past, i am hoping that he is dumb AGAIN! :p
Eventually, they always are!!

mom6399

I've been trying to get an address for my ex for 2 years. Even though CSE and the IRS know where he is (sometimes), under the right to privacy act they cannot provide that information to me.

Don't waste your money on any of the online locator services...All results I've received from them are simply addresses of people with the same last name. Nor would I count on the post office to provide you with a forwarding address.

If you figure this out, please post!

Good luck!

B

betterthanher

mom6399 said:
Don't waste your money on any of the online locator services...All results I've received from them are simply addresses of people with the same last name.
I agree! Those are not that helpful at all. A few months ago, I tried a few of them out to see what they were all about and used my name, names of members of my family and some long-time, close friends and all of them came back with addresses these people, including me, never lived at.
Nor would I count on the post office to provide you with a forwarding address.
I think they are bound by privacy laws as well.

BL

brownie said:

I have been told ( by a postal clerk ) , if you send a letter return receipt requested and check a certain item on it ( can remember which one ) , and they have a forwarding address it will come back on the receipt . I sent one that way , but I can not remember the details of the outcome .

mom6399

Are you registered with CSE?

Are you trying to collect unpaid child support on your own?

If so, I'd suggest filing with the Child Support Enforcement office in your county. If you have a court order for child support, they have ways to find the non-payers. Under right to privacy, they will not be allowed to disclose this information to you, but they can use it to enforce the order. Nothing will happen fast...eventually they do catch up with these folks, and if they do disappear again, they do keep trying.

Good luck.

brownie

Lol..............yes

Not that they are much help when it comes to locating him :(

I have RE-located him several times; the only time they ever located him was the 1st time (original)!

State's Attorney Office for Child Support says they are too busy to help locate him........... :confused:

They just keep sending letters saying "let them know if I get a current address on him!"

IF I had the $$$$$ , I would hire a PI to look for him!

Last edited:
brownie said:
IF I had the $$$$$ , I would hire a PI to look for him!
Amen sister!!!!!! I'm trying to get my sister to start a business with me doing this. We'd be very wealthy in a very short amount of time!!!!

mom6399

I received similar letters. After a year and me calling to tell them my efforts were going to be fruitless, I was informed that they had found an address and a bank account. No $$ yet, but at least a contempt warrant has been issued, a lien put on the bank account, and his driver's license suspended.

I send emails to the CSE almost weekly and call at least once a month. Tenacity does pay off. Keep trying...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">