• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help or ADVICE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daphniefox

I live in NY and I have two people plus their dog living with me and my family. There is no lease agreement and they were my friends. They are backed up by what they owe me in terms of rent and they are becoming a danger to my home and family. I have given them a 30 day notice to leave and I'm taking them to small claims court. Is there anything else I can do? Or is everything I did sufficient. If they don't leave should I get the police involved. also the 30 day notice I gave them june 5. I originally gave them aug 5th to leave but they are becoming a danger to my parents and they did not comply with the first notice. SO I mailed a second one today with a date change to july 5th. Was that the right thing to do.

Last edited:

FarmerJ

You cant just retroactively give them a new notice for 7/5 this late it wont stand in court SO now that you have made a huge mess of your notices you need to send a corrected new notice out SO if you wrote it today ( and if 30 day anytime notice is allowed then make it for 7/12/2014 and you should be fine) since they also live with you get a post office box for your self and send the notice certified mail , if they refuse to sign for it then it will go safely back to your PO box where it cannot be destroyed by them and your free to keep it sealed in original envelope to offer to the courts should you have to take them to court to make them get out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">