• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEED Help Quick-Appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Iowa

My son has sued a gentlemen in small claims court for doing a terrible job on painting his motorcycle. He lives in one city and the gentlemen lives 20 miles away in another city. My son filed a small claims form where he lives and now the other man filed a change of venue with an attorney to his town. The judge here granted the change of venue and also has stated that my son pay the $196.00 fees that the other man's attorney charged. First, I know change of venue is possible but does my son have any recourse on the $196.00 and also now the court here has said he can file an appeal but doesn't have any forms to do so. My son wants to appeal the $196.00 more than anything. He has until tomorrow morning to do so. HELP!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential