• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlc7077

California
what do i need to do so my fiance can come to the united states so we can get married.
My fiancee spent 26 years in prison here in Calif he was released to ice who deported him back to Mexico. we have been together for 9 years. He was in prison for 2nd degree murder. while incarcerated he obtained his ged learned to speak english received a number of certificate/ and graduated seminary college. his only disciplinary actions while in prison was for having a cell phone. We want to get married how do i start the process to bring him here to Calif so we can get married and he can live here with me.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
It is very difficult to legally immigrate when you have a felony record.

I do not think you have a reasonable chance of bringing him to California on a fiance visa.

Since you started this relationship while he was in prison, you really should get to know him better and wait for him to adjust to being free after over 2 dozen years behind bars. Visit him in Mexico, go on dates with him... If, after a year and a few dozen dates, he has settled into his new life and you still feel the same way about each other, then emigrate to Mexico and marry him.

However, for advice on emigrating to Mexico, you need a Mexican legal forum.

Last edited:

justalayman

It is very difficult to legally immigrate when you have a felony record.

I do not think you have a reasonable chance of bringing him to California on a fiance visa.

Since you started this relationship while he was in prison, you really should get to know him better and wait for him to adjust to being free after over 2 dozen decades behind bars. Visit him in Mexico, go on dates with him... If, after a year and a few dozen dates, he has settled into his new life and you still feel the same way about each other, then emigrate to Mexico and marry him.

However, for advice on emigrating to Mexico, you need a Mexican legal forum.
Two dozen decades?

Just Blue

California
what do i need to do so my fiance can come to the united states so we can get married.
My fiancee spent 26 years in prison here in Calif he was released to ice who deported him back to Mexico. we have been together for 9 years. He was in prison for 2nd degree murder. while incarcerated he obtained his ged learned to speak english received a number of certificate/ and graduated seminary college. his only disciplinary actions while in prison was for having a cell phone. We want to get married how do i start the process to bring him here to Calif so we can get married and he can live here with me.
Did you meet this guy via a prisoner pen-pal group through you church or something? Or did you meet him while vacationing in Mexico?

Px Hx.

Just Blue

Maybe this is the basis for a reality TV show - "I Married a Murderer and He Can't Enter the U.S."
Fixed that.

Perhaps the Host/ess will find way for OP to find her self-respect and dignity. Because they must be lost somewhere if OP thinks a murderer is the best she can do. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">