• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEED HELP WITH A RESTRAINING ORDER

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WANGO

I LIVE IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON AND AM WRITING FOR A FRIEND. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR EX WIFE PUTS A RESTRAING ORDER ON YOU AND SHE KEEPS ON CALLING YOU AND COMING OVER.ALSO WHILE HE IS GOING THRU HIS DIVORCE HIS ATTORNEY STATED THE RESTRAING ORDER WAS GOING TO BE MODIFIED IN THE DIVORCE SO THEY COULD COMMUNICATE REGARDING THE CHILDREN IT WAS NEVER DONE AND THE EXWIFE CALLED THE POLICE AND STATED MY FRIEND VIOLATED THE ORDER BECAUSE HE WAS CALLING REGARDING THE CHILDREN. ALSO WHAT ABOUT A TAPE THE DAUGHTER WHO IS 14 YRS TAPED HER MOM WHO STATED SHE WOULD LIE IN COURT. COULD THAT BE HEARD BY A JUDGE?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

There are criminal sanctions for violating a restraining order.

As to what the lawyer said, make sure the friend makes this clear to the court the phone calls were based on instructions by lawyer. If changing lawyers is the answers, then do so and seek a complaint with state bar on the first attorney's conduct/misrep as to status of restraining order.

As to conversation, depends on state law regarding recording phone conversations without notification to recorded party. You need to check your state law. This is will then determine whether the recording is admissable in court or if the daughter must testify as to what she heard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">