• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help with former company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richmf

Hello,
In September 2008 I was laid off from my company after 14 years. In January 2008 I started a med-spend program where money was taken out of my paychecks pre-tax that reflected money I would be spending on medical bills. I would get reimbursed for the full amount the following year as long as I did not quit the job. In April 2009 when I got my reimbursement from the Insurance Co. it was $1000.00 less than what was taken out of my pay in 2008 apparently due to the company no longer taking it out of my paycheck even though I continued to receive paychecks as part of my severance. Since April I have been unable to talk to or get assistance from anyone in the company on this matter except one person who made it sound like they may have overlooked this issue prior to layoffs.

What could I do at this point or where can I get assistance from that would not cost me the same amount of money that I am trying to get back?
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

ecmst12

If the money was not taken out of your check, what makes you think you are entitled to it now? You never lost it!

richmf

Sorry, I was not clear and left out an important fact. The money was taken out after my lay off but was no longer being sent to the insurance company for reasons I have not been able to determine. It is the insurance Co. who reimburses me therefore the company has my money.

I would just like to know the proper or most effective way to communicate with my former employer to get this resolved because phone calls to the manager of Employee Benefits is not working.

Thanks,

Rich

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">