• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help with getting guardianship of siblings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? We live in CA-the minor child live in AZ
My husbands father recently passed leaving behind 2 minor children. They are now wards of the state of AZ and other siblings have guardianship of them. The kids are not being cared for by the siblings and there is definate neglect going on. I am in contact with AZ CPS and they said they are processing paperwork for the children to come live with us, but it wouldn't be for at least 30 days or more IF AT ALL. The situation with the children can't wait that long, how can we expedite the process?
Also their mother is a drug and alcohol addict who is suppose to be in rehab per CPS and is not. Please if someone has any information that could help we would appreciate it. The kids are being severely neglected, not being feed, being left at home alone (they are 9 and 4), no baths, etc.. We have CPS involved ,but right now all they are doing is setting up meeting and not pulling guardianship from the other siblings. They continue to tell the siblings that have guardianship "Don't do that, Don't do this", but then they do it and never have consequences for their actions, so now they think they don't have to listen to CPS. I understand there are laws to follow and there are procedures, but how bad does it have to get for something to happen. I fear for the children and for their safety. PLEASE HELP US!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential