• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? pa

I originally lived in delaware county ,pa but relocated on emergency to dauphin county pa because i left my ex in 1994 and at that time he stole my daughter right out of my car for leaving him. he sued for custody and won. i do not drink or do drugs and i am a devoted mother who is now married for 6 years and have a total of 4 children. my ex is abusive and controlling and it does not matter what i say he always wins in court i have put myself in debt over legal fees but continue to fight. my ex's attorney used to be with the da's office and seems to pull alot of favors. for ex. my ex assaulted my daughter a year ago and was afraid to tell but a month later reported it to the local cops who went to pursue it but when it went to the da's offices charges were dismissed. back in 1998 my ex's wife tried to run my other child and myself over with her car and when it went to court instead of attempted murder she got charged with terroristic threats. recently my ex threatened to harm me i filed a report seeked an abuse order he was arrested for violating it when served by refusing to turn over my daughter and was released in two hours he got an emergency custody hearing before the pfa hearing was granted custody back after violating the order a second time in the courthouse and then the next day was the pfa hearing and his laywer spoke to the judge at the bench and the judge dropped everything so we made an emergency move to get away because my family and myself was afraid for our safety but my daughter is still with him. there is nothing in my court order that states that i cannot file for custody in another county so i was wondering before i did it to be fairly heard without corruption if i can file for custody in my new county. like i said there is nothing in my order that states that delaware county has jurisdiction over my order. please help i am desperate for an honest answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential