• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am have a 4 month old little girl. I am also going through a divorce. I go to court next week. He has never seen the baby, never tried, he has tried to commit suicide, was committed to a psychiatric ward for three days, and has threaten to run with baby if ever gets the chance. Because of this I want him to have supervised visitation. I do want him to have a relationship with his daughter but at the same time I want to protect her. He has a really good lawyer. Can anyone give me advice on how to make sure that he has supervised visitation. Any advice wuld be greatly appreciated



Supervised Visits

I have supervised visits for my three children and if you can prove that he tried to hurt himself, prove that he was in a instution and prove that he could be a possible danger to himself or your child that will help you to get the supervised visits. One of the things we did was our lawyers required us to go through a psych evaluation, we both had to do. Also you might be able to have a guardian ad litem appointed, she is a voice for the child who can also sometimes do the visits I would not suggest haveing a family member do this have it be a paid professional. There is also a master guardian ad litem who can tell you what is going to happen and what you have to do.

I am not a lawyer just a mom with a similar situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential