• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Info ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lastjoy

What is the name of your state? Florida

This is the state I just moved from three weeks ago. I now live in Georgia. My question is: what does it mean when the court docket says "Order of Dismissal" on a dissolution of marriage case. When I look up my divorce I see Final Judgement, but when I look up my boyfriends divorce it says Order of Dismissal. Does this mean that he does not have a divorce. He believes that he is and we were hoping to find out asap.

LdiJ

lastjoy said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

This is the state I just moved from three weeks ago. I now live in Georgia. My question is: what does it mean when the court docket says "Order of Dismissal" on a dissolution of marriage case. When I look up my divorce I see Final Judgement, but when I look up my boyfriends divorce it says Order of Dismissal. Does this mean that he does not have a divorce. He believes that he is and we were hoping to find out asap.
I suspect that your boyfriend is not divorced. An "order of dismissal" would indicate that his divorce case was dismissed without a final resolution..perhaps because his ex had the case dismissed, perhaps because neither of them followed through and the court automatically dismissed the case for inactivity.

I suspect that he needs to start over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">