• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need info please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida I am a grandfather in california but the question is for my grandson in Florida. He just turned 21 and he is in jail. He is there for Armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill. He was sentenced as yo and is in a yo prison. 6 years is what he got. WOW we were all shocked including the public defender. He has no violent priors just one posession of canibus less than .20 grams. We filed a motion for the sentence to be lessened and that was denied. in reading the discovery that is how i read between the lines and figure out what happen in actuallity. he stopped a drug deal that was going on the kid buying the weed got mouthy and my gradnson hit the kid the kid dropped the money for the drugs and called the cops. they hunted him down and found a pocket knife on him. Hence the charges. In the discovery it states from the "victim" never saw the knife and neither did the witness, not to mention the witness they have in the discovery is less than credible. She is a 52 year old gang member. She says she is with the bloods. What is that? my question is ..... he has been there since december and is there anyway we can, not get him out, but maybe get his sentence less? 6 years for a slap and stopping a drug deal seems a bit harsh. the judge already denied our motion is that all we can do? He pled guilty because he did slap the kid and the judge was telling him that he could do life for these charges. The public defender was thinking probation or up to as much as three years. Let me just mention too that the kid buying the drugs ended up getting $120.00 (he started with $30.00) had no evidence of a hit and did not go to the Dr. On the contrary he continually walked past my daughters home mocking them and so on.

Last edited:

please

all i need is some advice. if there is nothing we can do then there is nothing we can do but i am so ignorant about this legal stuff. so please... anybody....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">