• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Information on Green Card as Battered Spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkleinsrc

My Husband filed for Divorce with me. He is a U.S. Citizen and has not filed for my green card.
I have been told that I can get green card as a battered spouse under VAWA.

When we file for application, do we have to prove the abuse? Or if I write my own abuse experience that I faced, would be good enough?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My Husband filed for Divorce with me. He is a U.S. Citizen and has not filed for my green card.
I have been told that I can get green card as a battered spouse under VAWA.

When we file for application, do we have to prove the abuse? Or if I write my own abuse experience that I faced, would be good enough?
You have NO EVIDENCE of abuse. Quite frankly you have no proof of any abuse. You need proof. YOU telling stories is NOT proof.

See her other thread where she admits she left a 10 month old baby with her husband (who in the other thread is Nepalese) who she says is a violent drunk but there is no evidence of DV. Again, pay your attorney.

Ladyback1

You have NO EVIDENCE of abuse. Quite frankly you have no proof of any abuse. You need proof. YOU telling stories is NOT proof.

See her other thread where she admits she left a 10 month old baby with her husband (who in the other thread is Nepalese) who she says is a violent drunk but there is no evidence of DV. Again, pay your attorney.
It's all beginning to make sense on why she didn't file for divorce FIRST....

Wouldn't it be just awful if Mom had to go back to her country of origin because of all of this---without the child that is involved??:rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It's all beginning to make sense on why she didn't file for divorce FIRST....

Wouldn't it be just awful if Mom had to go back to her country of origin because of all of this---without the child that is involved??:rolleyes:
Hmmmm..... I wouldn't necessarily say AWFUL. At least not for the child.

Proserpina

Him being Nepalese doesn't preclude him also being a US citizen.

Of course, now I'll have to go and read the other thread.

Yay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">