• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need law info to see my daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?nebraska
My exgirlfriend and I have a child together. Since we broke up she's started to keep my daughter from me. She says I have no rights to my daughter since we never married. I need some strong true legal backup to disprove this statement so that I can take some legal action. I've taken this before the church and I now need to take it before the courts. I'm seeking only joint custody. Please help me out. I love my daughter and she deserves and needs both parents. I have signed all the necessary paternity papers and am listed on the birth certificate.
Last edited:


Senior Member
Has paternity been established in any way?

Did you sign an affidavidt of paternity in the hospital when the child was born? Most states take that as admittance of paternity.

Until some sort of visitation is set up through court legally your ex-girlfriend does not have to allow any visitation with the child with you. How that attitude works for or against her will be dependent on the judge.

The first order of business is making sure that paternity is legally established and then to file for visitation rights and joint LEGAL custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential