• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need lawyer, cymbalta.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vashti7777

Need lawyer, cymbalta

I was put on cymbalta for fibromyalgia. Immediately i started having terrible pain in my stomach, colon along with vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness that would cause me to fall on the tile floor, fall out of bed, was unable to drive while taking it & during months after going off it. Horrid, vivid nightmare, psychosis, I believed my husband was working for the govt. Depression, vomiting, aggression, hostility, stayed in bed for months. not to mention 8 attempted suicide & being committed to a psych hospital and going to one under my own accord along w/many other hospital stays due to the attempts. I went off cold turkey from 120 mg. I would have brain zaps, lethargy, aggression, depression, pain in muscles and joints. I even tried to kill my dog during one suicide. I was outta my right mind.

Just Blue

I was put on cymbalta for fibromyalgia. Immediately i started having terrible pain in my stomach, colon along with vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness that would cause me to fall on the tile floor, fall out of bed, was unable to drive while taking it & during months after going off it. Horrid, vivid nightmare, psychosis, I believed my husband was working for the govt. Depression, vomiting, aggression, hostility, stayed in bed for months. not to mention 8 attempted suicide & being committed to a psych hospital and going to one under my own accord along w/many other hospital stays due to the attempts. I went off cold turkey from 120 mg. I would have brain zaps, lethargy, aggression, depression, pain in muscles and joints. I even tried to kill my dog during one suicide. I was outta my right mind.
I'm sorry to hear this...Did you have a question?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
1: This is not a referral service. You can try www.attorneypages.com or your state's BAR.

2: If this happened "immediately", why did you not discontinue use and inform your doctor "immediately", as instructed to do by the packaging?

ALawyer

What Took You So Long?

Cymbalta has carried a "Black Box" warning of some very serious side effects for many years. What was less well known is the impact of getting off the drug, once you start taking it. The evidence suggested that Eli Lilly, the manufacturer, intentionally understated those serious side effects.

Numerous people sued in lawsuits related to the serious side effects from withdrawal, and they were discussed online, such as at https://injury-law.freeadvice.com/injury-law/drug-toxic_chemicals/cymbalta-lawsuits.htm.

Your principal complaint seems to be related to the effects while you were on the drug, and secondarily the impact of withdrawal -- especially cold turkey.

While it would make sense for you to to speak with a lawyer who handles Cymbalta cases or mass tort litigation to determine if there is still any possibility for you to recover any part of the settlement or seek your own damages, I suggest you don't start spending the money you hope to receive just yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">