• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need legal assistance quick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bonbam61

Live in Iowa, but need legal counsel for Oklahoma. A good friend of mine returning to Iowa from Arizona was stopped in Guymon, Oklahoma. After a search of the rental vehicle and drugs were found both he and the passenger who the car was rented to went to jail. After getting a loan to post bail my friend was informed the state would not provide him with legal assistance since he was able to post bail. What assistance is available to him? He is unable to afford an attorney or borrow any additional money. Whom should he contact? He needs a direction to go in soon. Thanx

Heather2

bonbam61 said:
Live in Iowa, but need legal counsel for Oklahoma. A good friend of mine returning to Iowa from Arizona was stopped in Guymon, Oklahoma. After a search of the rental vehicle and drugs were found both he and the passenger who the car was rented to went to jail. After getting a loan to post bail my friend was informed the state would not provide him with legal assistance since he was able to post bail. What assistance is available to him? He is unable to afford an attorney or borrow any additional money. Whom should he contact? He needs a direction to go in soon. Thanx
They did the same thing to me. I posted bail and was never offered a court appointed attorney so I went to talk to the court coordinator after my court date was set. They told me that I would have to wait in jail until my court date to apply for an attorney. They ended up appointing me an attorney right then but I also had some extenuating circumstances. His best bet would be to get in contact with his court coordinator and see what they say. Maybe if he shows proof of his financial situation they will appoint one to him.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">