• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need legal assistance quick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Live in state of Iowa but issues for the state of Oklahoma. My friend and his friend were returning to Iowa from Arizona on a visit. My friend was driving thru Guymon, Oklahoma in his friends rental vehicle and was stopped by a sheriff, he did not have a drivers license and was issued a ticket. The sheriff also asked to search the vehicle and drugs were found. Both were taken to jail and each bonded out. My friend borrowed money to post bond and was informed the state would not provide legal assistance because you were able to post bond. He has no funds available and unable to borrow any additional money. HELP. Whom should he contact? What can he do ? :confused: :confused:


I told you in your other thread who he should contact. If he can not afford an attorney have him go to the court house and speak with the court coordinator. They may decide to make him wait in jail for his court date but they may just decide to appoint him an attorney if he can proove he can not afford an attorney.


Junior Member
Hey we really appreciate your info. It isn't what he wanted to hear but at least he would have an attorney. Silly kids :)

Son of Slam

Senior Member

What do the following sentences have in common?

A fool and his money are soon parted.

A public defender has a fool for a client.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential