• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need legal help ASAP!! employer refusing to pay used vacation time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rissa2485

My mom was working at a company and her employment handbook that she signed stated: if a two week notice is not given the employee is not entitled to accrued vacation time. My mom gave her two week notice and the company promised her that they would fire a particular person and convinced my mother to stay on this condition only, in the mean time my mother had a weeks paid vacation approved by management (with full knowledge of her resignation and condition upon her staying) which she took and then returned to work for two days only to find out this woman would not be terminated, violating the condition that must have been fufilled for her to remain there. So she quit. Now they are refusing to pay her for her used vacation time, even though they paid her for the days she worked before and after that vacation time. I live in NY and can't find anything in the labor laws regarding USED vacation time. I know if it was unused she is not eligble, but what about used time? Isnt that compensation for prior services?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They have no legal obligation to pay her for the vacation time she took. The reason you can't find the law that addresses it is that the law doesn't address it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">