• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need my name on the lease in a hurry!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moving13346

What is the name of your state? Virginia

In a situation of survival, my wife and I were forced to move to the state of Virginia. To further that theme of survival, we were forced to move into an apartment and have her put her name and only her name on the lease. This was due to my bad credit.

To explain why I suddenly need to get my name on the lease is beyond the scope of this conversation, but I need to.

I have read (somewhere can't remember) that there is a way to present the management company with some information reflecting the fact that I now wish to enter my name on the lease without having them run my credit.

Is there any way to do this? Just curious, because I cannot cough up thousands of dollars suddenly.

Thanks

M

moving13346

no, all I can do is ask....such a bad person I am....I guess people like you would rather see "people like me" homeless, but don't worry that is not going to happen, I fight and have fought too hard to let anyone stop my survival.

I'll always find a way to make it. There are laws out there, that permit "people like me" to proceed legally with this, whether you like it or not. Nothing will deter me from finding them either. As a matter of fact, when I find them out, I will post them to help other "people like me"

If you want to help, then just pm me.

Thanks

Last edited:

HomeGuru

moving13346 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

In a situation of survival, my wife and I were forced to move to the state of Virginia. To further that theme of survival, we were forced to move into an apartment and have her put her name and only her name on the lease. This was due to my bad credit.

To explain why I suddenly need to get my name on the lease is beyond the scope of this conversation, but I need to.

I have read (somewhere can't remember) that there is a way to present the management company with some information reflecting the fact that I now wish to enter my name on the lease without having them run my credit.

Is there any way to do this? Just curious, because I cannot cough up thousands of dollars suddenly.

Thanks

**A: we need to know the exact reason you want your name on the lease. There may be a state or federal law that you could use.

M

moving13346

HomeGuru

I am not entirely sure what you mean. Basically, I need my name on the lease because I need to live here with my wife and child. I am the only one who has income in my household. There is a mass threat of removing "unauthorized" tenants and/or their vehicles if this is not resolved. My wife does not drive, but I do. The vehicle is not in her name, but mine. The vehicle outside must be in the tenant's name, and the tenant must substantiate the vehicle being registered in their name and reflect their physical address. Since we have recently moved here, the vehicle tag is still registered in Florida making it pretty difficult to switch into a VA tag just like that (upon consideration that my car is a beater car and will need time and effort to get it to pass VA inspection and emissions in just a few days) The only exclusion to this is if you are "military" which I am (sort of I guess, who knows probably not) a United States Marine Corps Contractor.

Does this help?

Thanks

HomeGuru

moving13346 said:
HomeGuru

I am not entirely sure what you mean. Basically, I need my name on the lease because I need to live here with my wife and child. I am the only one who has income in my household. There is a mass threat of removing "unauthorized" tenants and/or their vehicles if this is not resolved. My wife does not drive, but I do. The vehicle is not in her name, but mine. The vehicle outside must be in the tenant's name, and the tenant must substantiate the vehicle being registered in their name and reflect their physical address. Since we have recently moved here, the vehicle tag is still registered in Florida making it pretty difficult to switch into a VA tag just like that (upon consideration that my car is a beater car and will need time and effort to get it to pass VA inspection and emissions in just a few days) The only exclusion to this is if you are "military" which I am (sort of I guess, who knows probably not) a United States Marine Corps Contractor.

Does this help?

Thanks
**A: so your post is mainly about your car? You are living in the property correct? Explain how you and your wife applied for the rental? and the result of such application. Lastly, you are not in the military.

M

moving13346

Yes, (the car) would be the pre-dominant issue. I do live in the property. My wife applied for the property solely in her name. I did not put my name down on the lease because we were working with a limited amount of money and would have had to live out of the car immediately if my credit history became a problem (too much of a risk at the time). We had and still have no other options, no family, no friends etc.

Thank you

south

What are you on?

First thing you can do to help your self is to stop being paranoid and 2nd stop thinking everyone is at fault for your situation and they are out to get you.

It sounds like you and your wife are having problems with each other if not why not add your wife's name to the car or even change the title to her name?

moving13346 said:
no, all I can do is ask....such a bad person I am....I guess people like you would rather see "people like me" homeless, but don't worry that is not going to happen, I fight and have fought too hard to let anyone stop my survival.

rmet4nzkx

HomeGuru said:
**A: we need to know the exact reason you want your name on the lease. There may be a state or federal law that you could use.
OP is on the lam, that is why he couldn't put his name on the lease. Check out his other threads and his attitude, he is a total waste of time and effort. In one place he states he had to move to VA because he lost his job and his wife got a job for twice his pay in FL now he says she doesn't work. He is a deadbeat dad, blaming the system all the while he is scamming the system, Here's a link to one but this has been going one since June and he fled before filing his petition for midification.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=268852

M

moving13346

south said:
What are you on?

First thing you can do to help your self is to stop being paranoid and 2nd stop thinking everyone is at fault for your situation and they are out to get you.

It sounds like you and your wife are having problems with each other if not why not add your wife's name to the car or even change the title to her name?
Paranoid? If I don't act then I risk homelessness. I had better remain pro-active on this. Plain and simple. Adding my wife's name to the car or changing her name is not going to be that easy on an out of state tag. Getting a beater past emmissions etc within a few days is going to take time and money.

If you would read the post more closely, you would be able to determine that this would have nothing to do with my wife and my so called problems, rather the fact that she doesn't drive.

For the record, I am going to tell the world that you and your kids have problems...is that accurate? No? Well then neither is what you are saying.

M

moving13346

rmet4nzkx said:
OP is on the lam, that is why he couldn't put his name on the lease. Check out his other threads and his attitude, he is a total waste of time and effort. In one place he states he had to move to VA because he lost his job and his wife got a job for twice his pay in FL now he says she doesn't work. He is a deadbeat dad, blaming the system all the while he is scamming the system, Here's a link to one but this has been going one since June and he fled before filing his petition for midification.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=268852
rmet4nzkx, if you are such a "winner" than why are you always at home posting on free advice? Or rather, querying peoples username for prior posts?
I work as a volunteer for the Corps, that is (especially for the purposes of my prior posts) not working. Let it be known.
I left in June, fled in June, what difference does it make?

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeGuru

moving13346 said:
rmet4nzkx, if you are such a "winner" than why are you always at home posting on free advice? Or rather, querying peoples username for prior posts?
I work as a volunteer for the Corps, that is (especially for the purposes of my prior posts) not working.

**A: Ok, I had enough of this crap. I am the only one here that was willing to and had the legal knowledge to help you. And I had the advice to help you supported by statutory and case laws. But your attitude sucks.
Good luck to you. You are really going to need it.

rmet4nzkx

moving13346 said:
I work as a volunteer for the Corps, that is (especially for the purposes of my prior posts) not working.

Why should your volunteer status for the "CORPS" somehow negate the fact that you lost your job in FL and left for VA and are now trying to get help here after your attorney gave up on you because of your attitude?

To make matters worse you attack me and make totally false statements about me which violate the TOS for this site. You are about to be banned!

Here are some more of your posts......
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=269873

moving13346 said:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1055341
8-2-5
What is the name of your state? Used to be FL but now VA

When I lost my job in FL, I made the decision to find a job anywhere that I could. In this case, my wife found a job here in VA.

My wife makes over 2x what I did in the FL. I have read that the judge cannot touch her money, but I believe that her earnings must be reported in the financial affidavit.

I have also heard that the judge can take the overall financial picture into consideration.

My wife is currently paying the ordered child support amount and has no problem doing so.

However, I was wondering if child support will go up because "we" make more money. Stay the same? Or go down because "I" don't make any money.

Thank you for your advice.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=264334
moving13346 said:
What is the name of your state? used to be FL now VA

is there anything wrong with taking a slightly agressive stance during my petition?

my ex lawyer was very agressive towards me when he filed my exs' petition for custody

he indicated that I didn't have my head on straight, that I threatened this and that, when I didn't etc.

My lawyer at the time was pretty passive and nice during his petition.

I feel like I should get my point across during this petition without being rude

e.g. the current order needs to be modified because it is unclear on certain dates i.e New Years Day which has allowed the ex to call law enforcement when I excercise visitation. (which is very true)

Can I be slightly agressive in this position? Or should I be cut, dry, and passive?

I am tired of being legally passive and having other nasty lawyers win the case by having convinced the judge that I am a bad guy.

Will the fact that my ex convinced the judge to file an exparte motion against me still hurt this hearing?

The ex convinced the judge that I would kidnap my own child if she didn't get that piece of paper. Obviously I wasn't there to say that it was a load of rubbish.

Thanks
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=264255
moving13346 said:
What is the name of your state? used to be FL now VA

Hi,

The DOR in the State of Florida has taken action that effectively causes my tax refund to be garnished every year.

I was wondering if I was in a position where I had to actually PAY out taxes every year, would that payment be used toward child support arrears?

Thank you for your advice.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=249790
moving13346 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi,

I am an NCP who lost his job in the state of Florida. If I don't get a job VERY quick, I will be unable to pay child support.

My only chance to get a job quickly is to relocate to the state of Virginia and take a job there.

The final dissolution of marriage calls for visitation every other weekend, 3 floating days per month, every wednesday, 2 weeks at the beginning of the summer, and 2 weeks at the end of the summer, Christmas break, and Spring Break.

The final dissolution says nothing about one party asking the other anything when it comes to relocation.

I would like to know if I would still be permitted to see my child during the above mentioned dates as per the Final dissolution (within reason obviously)

Further to this, would visitation have to occur on Florida soil, or could visitation occur in Virginia?

When advised about the move, the CP stated "you know how I feel about our child going places, you can come to Florida to see him anytime but he cannot go to Virginia"

Can I take my son to Virginia where he would have a stable home and a room to sleep in?

Or must I continuously come to Florida to see my son out of a hotel (as I have no other family in Florida and therefore no place to stay)

Could I be charged with kidnapping for taking my son to Virginia during visitation time?

Thanks for your advice
Well if you are facing homelessness how can that be stable?

south

moving3346 your begining to sound like a space cadet, people that spend time here to answer posts are doing it to help others and perhaps rmet4nzkx is not ducking and diving around the country like you so he/she has the time to post.

I suggest you settle down get a full time job lay of the Colt, throw away the betting slips have a shave and start acting like a man to your family you and your family will end up being happier.

moving13346 said:
I work as a volunteer for the Corps, that is (especially for the purposes of my prior posts) not working. You are a deadbeat transvestite. Let it be known.

Pull out your spellchecker before you try and sit as an internet judge (rather an internet junkie) BTW it is "modification" as opposed to "midification"

Now go log off, and run as fast as you can.

M

moving13346

HomeGuru said:
**A: Ok, I had enough of this crap. I am the only one here that was willing to and had the legal knowledge to help you. And I had the advice to help you supported by statutory and case laws. But your attitude sucks.
Good luck to you. You are really going to need it.
Oh well, that is your choice to proceed as you wish based on my not bowing to your other TROLL pals.

I'll never bow to people who are out to screw others. I kid you not, this is just my first stop to try and obtain advice. I will get it elsewhere. Always have and always will. If you are going to base your giving advice on my transactions with others as opposed to my specific transaction with YOU and only YOU, then your advice holds no value and never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">