• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need quiet title but Lender is MIA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TdubT

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Nevada
Opted out of a home equity loan 6 years ago within the timelines set forth by Lender. No money changed hands and no demand for payment ever made. We wanted to re-finance at a lower rate and now find a "cloud" on the title from this transaction that never took place. Title company filed deed/lien. Now I'm advised that Lender dissolved the corporation over 5 years ago and I can't find a listing for this title company anywhere. County Recorder advises I must Petition the Court for Quiet Title. So, I lose my lock in rate and have to pay $5,000 for an attorney to get an Order releasing a lien that was unlawfully filed? With no chance of recovering attorney's fees? How can this be?

HomeGuru

TdubT said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Nevada
Opted out of a home equity loan 6 years ago within the timelines set forth by Lender. No money changed hands and no demand for payment ever made. We wanted to re-finance at a lower rate and now find a "cloud" on the title from this transaction that never took place. Title company filed deed/lien. Now I'm advised that Lender dissolved the corporation over 5 years ago and I can't find a listing for this title company anywhere. County Recorder advises I must Petition the Court for Quiet Title. So, I lose my lock in rate and have to pay $5,000 for an attorney to get an Order releasing a lien that was unlawfully filed? With no chance of recovering attorney's fees? How can this be?

**A: it can be. I've heard worse stories.

TdubT

Back to you Guru

arial Snappy and completely accurate response, but not really helpful. I don't mind doing the work but I don't even know how to begin. Even more, I hate spending money on something so preposterous.

HomeGuru

TdubT said:
arial Snappy and completely accurate response, but not really helpful. I don't mind doing the work but I don't even know how to begin. Even more, I hate spending money on something so preposterous.

**A: ok, then good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">