• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some help please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? va
Don't know why this was removed so I will try it again. I ask a while back about her being only responsible for the joint credit cards and several told me those would be the ones she would be held for not the ones only in my dads name, that is right isn't it.

MY mother has been trying to take care of debts made by her and my father that passed away in 06, some of them were only in his name. She went with credit solutions to help her. It does not seem to be much help to me. She owns her home, me and my two little boys live here as well. My questions are could she file 13 or 7. She has only 1992 car, and the home, her income is about $2000 a month. Can you please tell me how to help her with this, one of the credit cards has gotten a warrant in debt, we did make arrangements to make a payment and set up payments with that card, but another offer from another card is on the table, it is a good offer(cut in half) but they want $7800 one payment. Her debts are $30,000, we can't keep coming up with one time payments she need relief now. Please tell me some options that I can look into.

Thanks in advance.

bigun

It will depend on the amount of equity in the home vs what your state exempts.
Most bk lawyers give free or lowcost initial consultations. She needs to talk with a couple and get all of her options explained.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">