• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craigpw

What is the name of your state? california

In Nov. of 1999 i was arrested for possession of meth. I went to court and the judge sent me to drug diversion. I was told that if i completed the program and stayed out of trouble for 18 months the charges would be dimissed and i could legally answer no to every being convicted of a felony. My question is this. It's been almost 6 years since the arrest and i have turned my life around. I have been hired by the post office and they are conducting a back ground investagation. Will this come up. And if so, is their anyway to get this off my record for good.

hdianne

craigpw said:

In Nov. of 1999 i was arrested for possession of meth. I went to court and the judge sent me to drug diversion. I was told that if i completed the program and stayed out of trouble for 18 months the charges would be dimissed and i could legally answer no to every being convicted of a felony. My question is this. It's been almost 6 years since the arrest and i have turned my life around. I have been hired by the post office and they are conducting a back ground investagation. Will this come up. And if so, is their anyway to get this off my record for good.
I know the arrest will always show up but it won't show up as a conviction.

Last edited:

CdwJava

craigpw said:

Have you ever received any documentation from the court that the diversion was completed? If not, then you might want to check into this. It may well be that you had to initiate the final action here.

- Carl

craigpw

need info

when i completed diversion i went back to court and thats when they said if i stayed out of trouble that it would be dismissed. but no i havent had anymore contact with the court and i havent recieved any papers saying it was complete. i figured after 18 months it was a done deal.

craigpw

thanks

thanks for the info. carl would i need to call the court or the d.a. to find out if this is final. thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">