• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?california

In Nov. of 1999 i was arrested for possession of meth. I went to court and the judge sent me to drug diversion. I was told that if i completed the program and stayed out of trouble for 18 months the charges would be dimissed and i could legally answer no to every being convicted of a felony. My question is this. It's been almost 6 years since the arrest and i have turned my life around. I have been hired by the post office and they are conducting a back ground investagation. Will this come up. And if so, is their anyway to get this off my record for good


Senior Member
Q: Will this come up.

A: It is very possible that the arrest may come up due to background checks being run by private agencies.


There are several thousand questions on this forum similar to yours. Thus, I have prepared a standard answer.

Standard answer: Expungement is generally granted for illegal arrests or unlawful convictions. Generally, pardons mean you are forgiven for the crime but it remains on your record.

Check with the governor or attorney general of your state to see how you can go about either of these procedures. Check with the Attorney General or the President for federal expungement or pardon.

You must remember that there may be private background check companies that have past offenses on their databases; those reports will never be expunged.


Stand by...others may offer more advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential