• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some quick advice PLEASE!

  • Thread starter poisonivy018594
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Kansas

I am going to court tommorow and I am representing myself.
I have a very strong case against a very unfit father. My question is to anyone out there whether I should take my chances with representing myself or ask for a continous and put the hearing off until I can afford a lawyer. I am versed in the laws of my state governing child custody and the child NEEDS to be out of her existing situation with her father. I just dont know how judges feel about clients representing themselves!!


Senior Member
I'd get an attoney! You can talk to the attorney and tell him/her the stuff you've researched and see if that's ok with them and their thoughts. You can ask their opinion about you going pro se. However if it was me and I could afford an attorney, I'd defenitely get one!
Talk Now on this site!

Free Advice has a Live Talk with an attorney for $10

It enables you to Live Chat for an opinion, NOT representation.
It's good for one week for $10 Can't beat it!

Go to the homepage and click LIVE CHAT for times when the attorney is on.


Don't risk it!!!

Don't take a chance...get an attorney. If you fail to do everything right this time around, you may not get another chance. Looking and being prepared in front of a judge is very important and hard to do without an attorney!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential