• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to get son back...HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I am a 22 year old mother of an almost 2 year old little boy. When he was about a month old, I was picked up on some unpaid tickets and had to sit them out in county jail. My mother took my son but could not afford to raise him so she called my father and step-mother who live in Arkansas to come get him. Once my parents had him they went to court go get guardianship so they could have him medically treated if necessary and add him to my dad's health insurance policy. I did have a problem with drug addiction but have been totally clean for 1 1/2 years. I have held a job for over a year and have been paying for my own apartment. I have stayed in contact with my son for the past year and call him each day. My dad keeps trying to convience me not to go to court because he will give him back to me once I prove myself to him. But now, due to a family arguement that has nothing to do with my son, they are refusing to let me call and talk to him and even see him. I don't have very much money and that is why I haven't yet went to court. Can their guardianship be overturned and my son returned to me? They do not have temp custody just guardianship. I have heard that there is a such thing as filing a haipes corpues to get the guardianship overturned? Can anyone give me advise on what I can or should do??


Senior Member
You can file to attempt to revoke the guardianship. You will have to do it in Arkansas if that is where your father filed for guardianship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential