• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need to help a friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marymills

i have a friend and she is an single mom with two kids and she works at home depot and she has a car. she also has a boyfriend of about 3 weeks. he took her car to go pick up some friends of his that came from new york they were 5 minutes down the road.(this happened in coral springs, florida)while on his way there he got pulled over for having the tag in the back window rather than where it goes on the outside of the car. nevertheless, he had no license and a baggie on him with residue of oxicottin in it. they assumed it was cocaine and arrested him. they said the baggie has to go to the lab so they can show if it is cocaine or not and he is in jail now for posessoin of cocaine. this was not cocaine. they did not test it right then and there they have to send it to the lab? why was he arrested when pulled over for the tag and no license. why was he searched? and what happen to innocent until proven guilty? also, he relocated here from new york and is on probation for i guess some drug selling. he did 2.5 years and has 4 years of probation. this is a vop but i don't understand why it got this far? then the police station said the car will not be released from impound for at least one week. why is this. the car is my friends and she cannot work or get her kids to school without it. she gets state help with child care and food stamps. she cannot afford an attorney and does not know what steps to take to get her car back. can you please help? we have been to legal aid and they won't touch it. thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">